Monkey island1: Problem during playing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tomhet

Monkey island1: Problem during playing

Post by Tomhet »

Dear,

i own a PalmOne LifeDrive. I finally managed to get ScummVM working (arm version, thank you very very much!). All games work perfectly including music and sound; the hi-res-fullscreen and control-mechanism work wonderfully.

However I have a problem: I'm on playing Monkey Island 1 from the beginning on. The ones who played MI1 know, that at a certain point of the game it's neccesary to find a 'treasure' which is hidden in a forest-labyrinth.
The way to the treasure is given by a secret map; but when following the way the map says, 2-3 steps before I should reach the treasure (marked by an X), ScummVM gets an error in room.cpp saying "Room Error: Data not found". I really love playing MI1 on my palm, but this error is very bad :( I searched tons of websites and forums, but didn't find anything.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Or am I doing something wrong? It would be really a tragedy to quit playing after a few hours because of a simple bug or sth else.

Thanks in advance,
Tomhet
Tomhet

Done

Post by Tomhet »

Dear

I finally installed another vsion, not it works. I dont exactly know what was wrong with the other one, the only differences I know:
- the working one is English, not German
- the working one has a slightly better graphics (e.g. the items are not only shown as text, but icon-like pics)

Tomhet