Problems with viewing cut-scenes in Broken Sword 1..

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Steel-Sky

Problems with viewing cut-scenes in Broken Sword 1..

Post by Steel-Sky »

Hi everyone. I hope someone can explain to me how I will be able to se the cut-scenes in Broken Sword 1.

When I start Broken Sword 1 in ScummVM the console say “WARNING: Cutscene; Could not open intro.mp2.”

I then look in the ScummVM readme and it say: “These cutscenes are provided in MPEG2 format with OGG Vorbis audio. Viewing these cutscenes thus requires a version of ScummVM compiled with both libmpeg2 (preferably 0.4.0 or greater) and libVorbis support.”

I check it up and it seems libmpeg2 only exist as source code and stuff! I’m no programmer, so what do I do? :?:

Is there an easy way to be able to play Broken Sword’s mpeg2-format? (like a self-extracting exe) 8)
Or do I need a guide to install mpeg2 source code on my computer?

I’ll be grateful for any help!

-Steel-Sky
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Problems with viewing cut-scenes in Broken Sword 1..

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Steel-Sky wrote:When I start Broken Sword 1 in ScummVM the console say “WARNING: Cutscene; Could not open intro.mp2.”
As far as I can tell, this message means that ScummVM was compiled with libmpeg2, but that it can't find the cutscene file itself, in this case intro.mp2.

ScummVM cannot play the original Smacker cutscenes, so re-encoded ones are available on the ScummVM web page. I think you just need to unzip the cutscene pack into the folder where you keep the Broken Sword data files.
Steel-Sky

Post by Steel-Sky »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanx for answering!
After reading what you wrote I started thinking in another way. I have all the video-files and I have the latest version of ScummVM. So I moved the video-files from the video folder to the main-folder and now the cut-scenes works!

Heheh – thanks for making me think :D
sheen

Post by sheen »

Hello all!

I have exactly the same problem, I'm using the last ScummVM 0.9.1svn test build @ 333 Mhz with Broken Sword 1.
No way to view the cutscenes, game starts directly after the explosion =( (I have downloaded pack with mp2/ogg files, but no way to read them with this Scummvm version)

I've searched a lot on the forum, and I think that the latest ScummVM 0.9.1svn test build @ 333 Mhz wasn't build with libmpeg2.
I'm not a programmer, I don't know how to compile Scumm with a specific library.

Please, somebody can help me to view these cutscenes ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sheen wrote: I've searched a lot on the forum, and I think that the latest ScummVM 0.9.1svn test build @ 333 Mhz wasn't build with libmpeg2.
If it's the Windows snapshot, it should be. I don't know about other versions. Anyway, it's easy to check. The About dialog for the 0.9.0 I compiled for myself says, at the very top of the text:
ScummVM 0.9.0
(built on Jun 26 2006 10:09:51)
Supports: Vorbis FLAC MP3 ALSA zLib MPEG2 FluidSynth
(Emphasis added.)

The development version uses a slightly different format, and calls it "Features compiled in" instead.

So, assuming your ScummVM is compiled with MPEG2 support, all you should have to do is to unpack the cutscenes in the same directory as the other Broken Sword 1 data files.
sheen

Post by sheen »

Thanks for your reply
Scumm -> About :

ScummVM 0.9.1svn
(Built on Jul 30 2006 16:15:21)
Supports : Tremor MP3 zLib
No "Vorbis FLAC MP3 ALSA zLib MPEG2 FluidSynth" in the latest build

Where could I find the latest 333 Mhz built with Mpeg2 support please ? I love the 333 Mhz ^^
(I don't know how to compile my own build sorry =( )
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sheen wrote: Where could I find the latest 333 Mhz built with Mpeg2 support please?
I don't know. I don't even know what "333 Mhz" refers to in this context. By your description I can only assume it's not a stationary computer, like I first assumed.
sheen

Post by sheen »

Oh sorry I've reached to this topic by the search Menu, I've totally forgotten that is was posted in general section.

I'm talking about ScummVm for Psp, it exist 2 versions, one runs at 222 Mhz and one runs at 333 Mhz.
The second one, at 333 Mhz hasn't been built with libmpeg2 librairies.