I have the FW 2.50

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

idrilmar

I have the FW 2.50

Post by idrilmar »

:cry: Sorry if my english is bad, but i´m spanish. I have a problem, i have the firmware version 2.50 in my PSP. When I install the scummVM for FW 2.00, the PSP says "this game cannot be started. The data is corrupted" it´s may be because I have the FW 2.50????????? Please answer me quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Firmware 2.50 isn't supported, read the included README.PSP.
baconlorange

Post by baconlorange »

will fw2.5 be supported in a future release ??

I am sorry but at the moment i cant download the 2.0 version or any other scummvm version, because sourceforge sais that this file does not exist.

Baconlorange
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

It's not really up to the application developers, it depends on if an exploit (or another way to run code) is found, so hard to say/predict.

Even homebrew on 2.00 is limited, as you have to use the libtiff exploit and the EBOOT loader.
Noone has found out how to get into kernel mode yet on 2.00, so that's why there is a special "userspace only" 2.00 version.

Personally, If I had a 2.00 I'd use the hack to downgrade it to 1.50 instead of putting up with inferior software.

If you have the 2.01/2.50 firmware, there's currently nothing you can do to run homebrew on your PSP unfortunately.
baconlorange

Post by baconlorange »

hi,

that makes me sad .. but thx
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Chin up, 2.01 and 2.50 might see their exploits as well. 2.0 was for a longtime believed to be inpenetrable, and they have found a way anyway.

A good tip might be to postpone firmware upgrades as long as you can: chances are most likely that "older" firmware versions get unlocked. I myself am very happy with the 2.0: lots of newer features like AVC video and browsing, while having limited homebrew functionality (with SCUMMVM clearly being the pinnacle of coolness..I've blown the minds of my friends at uni: "what the, are you playing Sam & Max on your PSP?").
dozer

PSP 2.5 exploit in the works

Post by dozer »

Seems as if someone got a step further

http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=60[/url]