"Could not find any game in the specified directory&quo

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jimbo555

"Could not find any game in the specified directory&quo

Post by jimbo555 »

I have both broken sword 1 and 2 which i got in the double pack and i successfully loaded broken sword 1 into SCUMMVM by choosing the correct directoy etc.

However, now that i come to do the same with BS2 it is telling me that there is no game in the directory. Though there is, and the exact same information as is in the BS1 folder.

I'm not sure how or why it is doing this but if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.

P.s. I cant run the games from the start menu as normal because i encounter the sound issue so i have had to edit the environment variable and load scummvm that way in order to play these games, which wasn't a problem for BS1 but seems to be for number 2!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: "Could not find any game in the specified directory

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jimbo555 wrote:I have both broken sword 1 and 2 which i got in the double pack and i successfully loaded broken sword 1 into SCUMMVM by choosing the correct directoy etc.

However, now that i come to do the same with BS2 it is telling me that there is no game in the directory. Though there is, and the exact same information as is in the BS1 folder.
I haven't seen the double pack myself, but the file ScummVM looks for when trying to detect Broken Sword 2 is players.clu. (Other files are necessary to run the game, of course, but the detection is quite primitive.)
jimbo555

Post by jimbo555 »

yeah i checked that and it's definately there inside the folder labelled "clusters" i just cannot figure out why it won't accept it!
jimbo555

Post by jimbo555 »

never mind, literally 60 seconds after posting that last message i tried again and it worked, had to load the folder named clusters!

hope my amateur anecdotes help others!
Predator

Post by Predator »

I have an original copy of Broken Sword II from Level (CZ) game magazine, but it is only 1CD..After I installed it on the harddrive, I copied all the clu files into one directory alongside with all the neccessary files, but there is no speech.clu and there is only one music.clu (which is 270mb)..I didn`t copy the music.clu but I`m pretty sure that players.clu is there..But eScumm won`t find this game...Could somebody please help me?

Note: I`m using UIQ2 eScumm on a phone - SE p910i
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

The list of files needed by ScummVM are listed on the website in the documentation version.

Though, it is strange that you have only one music.clu and no speech.clu. Maybe it's a special (downgraded ?) version of BS2 that ScummVM doesn't support.

I guess that you should post a list of the files that are on your CD (including their size). Then, a developer might tell you if it's a known version or not and if it can be added to ScummVM.
Predator

Post by Predator »

I already checked the list..seems that the best thing is to post the file structure I have..here it is

In the upper section is the game after install and in the lower section is the cd structure..hope it helps..
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/156/ ... d01oh9.jpg

in the installed game there is music.clu (269,412KB) in the clusters folder and savegame.000 and file named "empty" with no extension in the Saves folder...

Does this mean that my game is not going to work even though it is an original? :cry:
Last edited by Predator on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

Predator wrote:in the installed game there is music.clu (269,412KB) in the clusters folder and savegame.000 and file named "empty" with no extension in the Saves folder...
You should turn the files extensions on (control panel -> folders -> uncheck "hide extensions of known filetypes" to see if the "empty" file really has no one. Only for your information, because this file will likely not be used by ScummVM. And also because it might be useful to have full informations about files in general (IMO, Microsoft made a quite a mistake in hiding extensions by default in Windows XP).
Does this mean that my game is not going to work even though it is an original? :cry:
I think so. It seems that it's a specific version that would need specific implementation, as it doesn't have the same files than the regular version.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Predator wrote:But eScumm won`t find this game...Could somebody please help me?

Note: I`m using UIQ2 eScumm on a phone - SE p910i
Does this version of ScummVM support the Broken Sword games? I don't know myself. Have you tried it with the Windows version of ScummVM?
Predator

Post by Predator »

Yes I did..even though there was no need to use ScummVM as this game works fine under windows..Eventhough, I tried it. ScummVM did not have problems detecting the game but after start it suddenlly crashes and the same happens when I try to play Beneath the steel sky (but it works just great on my phone). So is there a list of supported games on UIQ devices? I only found general list of supported games and I suppose this list is mainly for PC ScummVM users, right? I`m pretty sure that most of the games work fine on UIQ because I tried them nearly all.. (I did not try the Feeble Files - I have to buy it first) but Broken Sword is a love of my childhood and I would love to play it on the go...