Where to find savegames on the default location on C:

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bergmanwasa

Where to find savegames on the default location on C:

Post by bergmanwasa »

I have reach the cliff in MI2, which makes EScummVM crash, so I was about to move the savegames from my E61 to my PC. Searching for the savegames, they should be located in C:\Private\a0000657\Savegames according to the default options. I'm not able to access this directory with neither ybrowser, sexplorer nor sysexplorer. C:\Private is an empty directory according to the file managers. Any ideas?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hmm. This is really a big problem. Try loading the savegame.. changing the savegame path and save again perhaps?
bergmanwasa

Post by bergmanwasa »

Unfortunely I tried to change the savegame path, which resulted in that I'm not able to load my old saved games. There is no option to change the specific savegame path back to "default", and it's not possible to select C:\Private\a0000657\Savegames as path, since it's not accessable.
Actually, I don't think it's possible to change the savegame path during gameplay anyway, or maybe I'm wrong there? Anyway - I'm out of ideas :-\

The solution for this further on should be that the default savegame path is located in the game directory or somewhere else than C:\Private. Any tips on how to access this directory are welcome! I've tried the "show hidden files" option in the file managers.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. the private folder is a private folder. I have to make an option in a special version of scummvm which exports your files from the savegames folder. And then I have to change the default path from private to c:\scummvm, which I think is the best.