Sam And Max on N80.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VoodooKing

Sam And Max on N80.

Post by VoodooKing »

Arggh. The game is working fine and everything but at the part "Whack a Rat", I can't hit 20 rats fast enough using the N80 controls. It's damn difficult. Is there a way I can slow the game down to a crawl so I can hit those damn rats?

Btw, the whack a rat game must be won to obtain a quest item or I'm stuck.
Help!!
VoodooKing

Post by VoodooKing »

Ah guys. Heh, I kinda played that part on the PC and then shifted over the save game over the phone after that. No worries.

I would like to request a slowdown feature though. :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And ppl are complaining that its not fast enough. *lol* Well. I understand your problem. Point and click action with the joystick is not that easy.

And tips of alternative navigation on the S60 phones?
VoodooKing

Post by VoodooKing »

Well, for the N80, I can't think of any alternative mode of control outside of attaching an external device.

Other than the ability to emulate a slowdown (less CPU cycles?)and I'm not sure if it is at all possible though.

The other method I'm thinking about is the ability to assign waypoints on a screen, perhaps a 0+# function. So that instead of using the JS to scroll, I could assign 5 waypoints on the screen, save the waypoints, and then use the normal JS controls to jump thru the waypoints. And after that I can 0+# to turn off the waypoints function. If it's possible of course.

Well, something to ponder about.

PS: I used 5 because the whack a rat game had 5 holes. Heh.
goetz

Post by goetz »

Well, I don't want to brag here, since I don't have a poof like a savegame. But I have finished Sam&Max on my Nokia E60 some time ago (see post somewhere in the forum). I was then using the small, non-scaled, stamp sized resolution of 320x200 then, which is quite quick.

Maybe my trick may help you: As many things in ScummVM, also the "Whack a Rat" game can be controlled by the number keys, in this case the keys 1 to 5, one for each rat position. :-)

With the numeric keys and a lot of exercise I managed something like 24 rats eventually, but it was very hard work! :?

So, slide out your N80 numeric keypad and have some rough time exercising in the game! The rest of Sam&Max will compensate that ... :D

- Goetz
VoodooKing

Post by VoodooKing »

Oh wow, I just found out that the keys 1-5 do target each hole. But I only got 10 rats. Damn. Haha, it's pretty hard. Thanks for the tip.
rjanca74337

How'd you ever install on N80?

Post by rjanca74337 »

I keep getting "installation of *.SIS not supported"; either that or just a large page of baud barf with until browser crashes - I have settigns set to accept unsigned...

Thanks!

Rob
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Are you sure you are trying to install the correct SIS file!? Do you have the correct time and date in your phone!? Does your phone have some kind of operator restrictions?