N80 crashes in games with fast scrolling sequences

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

VoodooKing

N80 crashes in games with fast scrolling sequences

Post by VoodooKing »

Ok,

I'm going to try my best to describe this problem.

Sam And Max

In the part where Sam And Max first reaches the ball of twine and goes up the cable car, they notice a lose end of twine, here's the part , on the PC, the screen scrolls very quickly to the left to show the loose end of twine. But on the N80, ScummVM quits before the scrolling starts.

Indiana Jones And the Fate of Atlantis

At the part where the player controls the hot air balloon, on the PC, as soon as the player enters another segment of the map, the screen scrolls really quickly from the old segment to the new segment, at this part again on the N80, ScummVM quits.

In any area where these 2 games have a fast scrolling sequence (usually cutscenes), ScummVM will crash. I'm not sure if it can be fixed, the N80 seems such a capable device.

Regards.
Last edited by VoodooKing on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! Its a known defect in the Symbian SDL backend, since 0.9. Scumm engine now requires access to a backbuffer which is scrolled, and I think we are only providing NULL right now. Bug report is posted and I will fix it.