Can't install scummVM on Nokia 6630

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nonninz

Can't install scummVM on Nokia 6630

Post by Nonninz »

Hi everyone.

I just tried to install scummVM on my Nokia 6630, but as soon as i open the .sis the installer exit immediately, without any error message or anything else. It just seem to "flash" for some fraction of a second the installer screen.

I tried both version 1 and v2 of the S60 installers. My firmware version is V 3.45.113 04-01-05 RM-1.

Anyone has some ideas of how to resolve it, or am I doing something wrong? I read the topped posts and on the Wiki my phone seems to be fully supported.

Thank you in advance.
ZiLOG_Z80

Post by ZiLOG_Z80 »

Thats strange, I have the same phone and firmware version and both versions of scumm work perfectly, though v2 is the correct one for the 6630. Only things i can think of is that you are lacking space (unlikely) or you have the installation of software disabled though I'd expect the phone to notify you in that case.
SumthinWicked
ScummVM Porter

Post by SumthinWicked »

ZiLOG_Z80 wrote:Only things i can think of is that you are lacking space (unlikely) or you have the installation of software disabled though I'd expect the phone to notify you in that case.
If this is the case, you might want to try the following solution posted on the FAQ.
Nonninz

Post by Nonninz »

Oh, i feel so stupid... :oops:

I forgot I disabled the install program because every time I turned bluetooth on I got plenty of virus messages... :lol:

Thank You :wink: