HELP - all games are rotated 180 degrees!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

F_GX

HELP - all games are rotated 180 degrees!

Post by F_GX »

Hi all!

I'm using PocketSCUMM on my MDA Pro on Windows Mobile 5.

Unfortunately the picture is always rotated by 180 degrees, and due to a "intelligent" flipping sensor of the display that always flips it back into the wrong position, i cannot enjoy the game very much.

If i flip my device together, it's ok, but if i open it like a laptop, the picture's rotation is wrong. I have no clue why.

I actually can rotate the desktop temporarily (! position is not saved) how i want it in my PDA's controlpanel, but PocketSCUMM only starts in vertical mode, i don't know why. Started in horizontal mode, i cannot press any buttons and the device crashes. (Look here, it starts only in this way:
Image)

However, it would work almost for me to start it vertically, and turn the disply horizontal, but than the problem is the 180 degree rotation.

Can i somehow rotate the picture in PocketSCUMM?

thanks,
F_GX
Morganoure

Post by Morganoure »

I can confirm this for the VPA from Vodafone (can't even rotate properly once started in vertical mode there). And also for the "Pocket PC" emulator image from Microsofts official Windows Mobile 5.0 emulator (so reproducing even without hardware is simple :) )!

On the emulator, the game can be started in both orientations, but in horizontal mode, the display is flipped, as is the cursor control (if I use tip the lower right corner, the cursor is shown on the upper left corner etc.).

Here's a sample screenshot from the Full Throttle Demo running on the emulator (it's the same on the VPA):

edit: oh wait, it's been discussed in another topic with a link to a bugtracker entry. Changes postponed for some more time it seems.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Morganoure wrote:oh wait, it's been discussed in another topic with a link to a bugtracker entry.
Correct and we do go over the buglist in the bugtracker before every release.