Fullscreen without toolbar ? (keeping aspect ratio)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bamboo_pdaddict

Fullscreen without toolbar ? (keeping aspect ratio)

Post by bamboo_pdaddict »

Hello !

I love pocketScumm, so first a big thanks to all those who contributed in its developement.
PScumm is nearly perfect !
The one and only trouble I get is the full screen : there is the toolbar and that's flattening the render screen. ok, we can hide the bar, but we only get a blackzone instead. So what I suggest is to keep this toolbar, yes of course, but the renderzone should be resized to full screen and original aspect ratio when hiding the toolbar, that should improve gaming pleasure and easing.

Don't know if it's possible, but I think I'm not be the only one who ask for this feature !

Thanks !
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Yes, you're not the only one. There exists already a patch by another user, n0p, which stretches 200x320 to 240x320. I'll ask Arisme if he can include it in the next stable release. We'll give it some field testing before, so keep watching this thread.
bamboo_pdaddict

yeees :) a dream coming to reality :D

Thanks for your quick answer !
bamboo_pdaddict

Still don't work in the new release... :(
But happy to play Kyrandia ! :D
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The landscape stretch is only applied to pocket pc devices at the moment with resolution 240x320. There was no time in this release to apply it also to QVGA smartphones. But it's a nice feature so i'll implement it in the next version.

PS. Obviously this also does not work for VGA devices.