ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge

ScummVM :: Forums > Archives: Help > Skipped Samples when compressing Sword Speech

Author    Thread    
Samuel Zeit
(braindeadt)

SourceForge User
Skipped Samples when compressing Sword Speech

Hi
I just tried to compress my speech1.clu (333.538KB) and speech2.clu (332.066KB) files from
"Broken Sword 1"with the ScummVM-tool: compress_sword1.I first had to install lame but then it works but in the end were these lines:
sample 6507: skipped
sample 6508: skipped
sample 6523: skipped
(17 lines all samples 6507-6523)

Is this normal or what could be the reason?
my compressed files are:
speech1.cl3 (78.566KB)
speech2.cl3 (77.843KB)

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 pm 

Samuel Zeit
(braindeadt)

SourceForge User
RE: Skipped Samples when compressing Sword Speech

The obove problem is still present, but i have another one, i just compressed the music files and realized that all files where properly compressed to mp3 but one, the f
ile 6M13.wav has no mp3 version, is this normal, should i delete the mp3 files and try the whole compressig again?

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:18 pm 

Torbjörn Andersson
(eriktorbjorn)

SourceForge User
RE: Skipped Samples when compressing Sword Sp

As far as I know, this is all normal.

The
"sample<number>: skipped"happens when it scans through the sound file's lookup table to find the samples. The message is printed if it finds an entry in the table with only zeroes.
My guess would be that a message that was recorded - or maybe just planned - was cut from the game, and it was easier to just clear that entry than to renumber all the following samples.

The 6M13 music is never played by the game, so it makes no difference whether or not you compress it.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:49 pm